Join us for our first topic of 2020 for our annual popular Off The Diamond Speaker Series!
TOPIC: COLLEGE RECRUITING - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Important subjects covered by including:
1. Things to do and not to do for players
2. Things to do and not to do for parents
3. Year by year must do list for high school players
4. How to follow recruiting calendars
5. What recruiters and scouts look for in high school players as they prepare for college baseball
6. Expectations of college coaches during the recruiting process
7. What players and parents need to do to help the recruiting process run smoothly
8. Key dates and timelines to meet during your journey to college baseball
9. Tips for making a good impression while visiting coaches and campuses
10. Showcases, "All Star" Events, "Invitation Only" Opportunities - worth the money?
And much more! Bring your notebook and your questions. Open to all ages, recommended for U12 -U14 for understanding the journey ahead and how to prepare, U15+ players who are about to start their recruiting process or are in the midst of it.
Scott Downer, Director Of Baseball Operations for GameChangers Baseball.
Coach Scott played at the University of Pittsburgh and went on to coach at Pitt, Duquesne, and CCAC Allegheny for eight years. He also has coached elite level AAU travel teams at various age groups for close to two decades in addition to being selected as the Head Coach of the PONY League World Series Home Team for 2 years before retiring.
Adding to his stellar coaching resume, Coach Scott brings over 18 years of instructional baseball experience at all levels. He is a regional scout for the Baseball Factory and has worked with several MLB teams in scouting & consulting capacities.
Coach Scott has a Bachelor of Science Degree with a concentration in anatomy & physiology. He is a certified personal trainer with the International Sports Sciences Association and the National Strength & Conditioning Association.
In the topic of college recruiting, he brings a unique perspective as not only a Division 1 Baseball Player but also as a former collegiate coach and current regional scout with one of the most well known brands in baseball.
Open to the Public. $5* (plus Eventrbite fees) per person, FREE for GameChanger Players.